Thursday 22 September 2016

A year of motherhood and the joys of pregnancy :)

A  commonly heard quote says "A mother is born when the child is born". It's a beautiful quote, however I know  (by experience) that the birth of a mother does not wait for the birth of her baby. A mother protects, nurtures, loves and lives for her baby from the day she knows that she is carrying a child. So for me, it's been an year of being a mother even though my lil one is just a lil older than 4 months. In my one year of blogging celebration post, I had mentioned that I want to write soon about my experience. Although it took longer than I thought but here I am.

My journey started when my doctor searched for the tiny heart beat on the ultrasound monitor. All she could find was the image of a tiny amniotic sac (my baby's home for the next few months) and finally the heartbeat in the 8th week of my pregnancy. This image was more than enough for me to know that my life has changed forever and for the better. 2015 was the best year of my marital life so far and in the first week of September 2015 I became a mother. The last quarter of my year was instantly magical. I had mentioned in my new year post that the last quarter of 2015 didn't give me the option of switching jobs and the reason was my pregnancy :)

A year of living with my son has been a year of experiencing the biggest miracles of my life. With a miracle taking place inside me, there were lil everyday miracles happening around me as well. These lil miracles are what I call 'The joys of pregnancy'. Living in a foreign land for the first few months of my pregnancy, I was untouched by the two worst experiences pregnant women have in India - first is the free advice that Indians love to give and second is the innate rudeness in our behavior  (I talked about this in an earlier post). Staying away gave me time to understand my own feelings and completely enjoy my pregnancy. Some of the experiences I am sharing are things that most pregnant women can relate to.

First joy of pregnancy was to be able to grow bigger without any worries. I was growing bigger than I have ever been but I loved my body more than ever. I grew more than I could ever imagine coz not just my clothes but also my shoes and my jewelry stopped fitting meπŸ˜‚. Needless to say, I ate to my heart's content  (which is expected from a foodie like me πŸ˜‰) without people interrupting every meal with advice on what not to eat in pregnancy. I will forever be thankful to Dr. Rajalakshmi and Dr. Vidyalakshmi who are the best gynecologists ever. They advised me on not stressing about everyday things and always reassured me that I can carry on my life normally and not panic about every little detail of my daily routine. (Anyone looking for a gynecologist in KL Malaysia must contact them)

Second joy of pregnancy was all the pampering and attention I got. Everyone around me was sooooo nice to me including the strangers that I met on my daily transit. Neighbors whom I hadn't talked to in the past year warmed up with greetings and blessings for me and the lil one. Everyone tried to ensure that I am super comfy at all times <3. Not to mention the love and attention that my dearest hubby showered me with. The smallest of aches were attended to and the biggest of cravings fulfilled.😊

Another big joy was to turn into a housewife which I talked about in detail in a previous post. Last but not the least, I enjoyed doing something that a non-pregnant me would never do. A confrontation and a shouting match in the office in the presence of my colleagues and all. I am normally diplomatic and not a confrontational person at all(see here). and I don't argue with idiots in general. But this newly hired idiot in my previous office was getting on my nerves every single day and he managed to get on the wrong side of me in one of my pregnancy tempers. I have to admit that I think he was scared that I might hit him :P but I enjoyed it thoroughly. I could do this more often in a non-violent tone may be ;)

The only thing I regret is missing the marriages of all my beasties. Somehow all my frnds whose weddings I was awaiting got married during my pregnancy or post partum period.

That was my wonderful pregnancy experience. Thanks everyone who was arnd me and supported me during this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment