Wednesday 11 March 2015

My First Blog Post!!

Let me start with why I think I should blog in the first place!!

I am an aquarius-pisces cusp, which to me means, I should have the best of both worlds. So the intellect of aquarians and the creativity of pisceans is what I assume has been bestowed on me. (That's my modest show-off about my knowledge on sun-signs :P )

Now being the creative human being that I am, I first tried to pour out my creativity on canvas which to my disappointment was greatly 'criticized' by my friends - good friends and I mean really good ones!! God, did they save me from being a subject of public humour.
- good friends and I mean really good ones!! God, did they save me from being a subject of public humour.

So, that didn't work out.. .I didn't give up...I moved on... To writing poems :)
A friend of mine, a good one, the unconditionally supporting encouraging kind, encouraged me by reading my poems and actually showing interest in when I am writing the next one. I thought - Gee, I found my calling in life!!

I was happy but then appeared 'The Good Ones' from the painting chapter and they read my poems - so called poems - and Laughed their guts out!!

With all my grit I said - Damn you all, I am going to write and be a successful poet one day !! (Yes, I have some real big self confidence) . Anyway, that phase lasted for about 6 months. Then I had, what I like to call, 'A Writer's Block'. So I didn't write any more poems for the next - 5 years.

Sometime back I happened to read some of my poems and realized that all the sentences of my poems - rhyme. You would think - So what ?? Well, the problem is - they rhyme like a nursery poem.

My sister, who is one of the 'Good friends' I was talking about earlier, has left no stone unturned to tell me that my paintings look like a kid's rendition of scenery. And I realized that these poems were no better.

So I quietly admitted to myself that 'I am neither a painter nor a poet' but to keep the self-respect angel happy, I said 'I have child like creativity' and on a side note thanked God for these friends who saved me from public humiliation.

I was actually trying to tell you why I think I should blog but I digress.
Coming back to the point, I still have to find my life's creative calling to fulfil my destiny on earth (piscean, u remember ;) ) and one thing I know for sure is that I can talk (and can I talk :) )

I only need to open my mouth and words dipped in sarcasm start dripping out automatically on all the mere mortals around me. And I wondered that everyone around me is a subject to this worldly wisdom of mine. Everyone, apart from me!!

So, why not pour some chocolate dipped sarcasm on myself by writing out all that I think of and fulfil my destiny in the process... Wow... am I a genius or what!!

Now that's why you are being subject to this rant... But let me tell you it wasn't easy.. coz the blog wanted me to have a 'Post Title'. Then, out came rushing, this creative kid inside me... and I came up with titles like 'I have arrived' , 'Beginning of an era' and what not!!

The thought of my encouraging friend still made me go ahead and publish my thoughts, however these 'Good friends' made me stick to a very original non-creative title which you see here :)

That's all the blabber I want to pack in 'My First Blog Post'. Waiting to hear from you!! and see you soon!!

3 comments: