Friday 11 December 2015

Festive Season !!

Like the final minutes of a YashRaj movie, last quarter of every year is filled with emotions, enthusiasm, hopefulness and lots of family time. It is my favorite time of the year. All the other months exist just to set the stage to welcome these final months. No, wait, not all the other months!! Holi month is important and my b'day month and my anniversary month and my husband's b'day month and family members' b'day month..... alright I guess the other months are important too!! But they aren't festive enough :P
So I was saying that I love this time of the year. Even the dreariest of streets cheer up with decorations and lights and festive songs. And the mall decorations, specially on Christmas are so wonderful :)

As much as I love Christmas, the most important festival of the year for my family is Diwali. Moms go crazy cleaning every nook and corner of the house. Fathers are busy sourcing the best sweets and crackers for kids and kids are just busy with the holidays, enjoying all the chaos. Every year we celebrate this festival with the family and just follow our parents' instructions about how to do it right :D.

This year, me and my husband couldn't be with the family so we did our own Diwali preps and celebrations. Running around all week for the preps and running around all day for the Diwali dinner was  fun!! Some very dear friends also came along and made the evening special for us :)


The vandanvaar at entrance :)


Traditional Diwali decor :)
Ghar ki dehleez pe diya :)
Candles in our balcony on chhoti diwali :)
Me and hubby posing after the pooja :P :P


Mandir at our home just after the pooja :)
Even though we might have missed out on a few traditions but we did feel all grown up doing it ourselves :P :P

And I am feeling a lil extra festive on the increase of my blog rank at Indiblogger, yayeeeeeee ;) so here are some pics  of me n hubby posing around Christmas decorations in malls around the town. Did I mention how much I love the Christmas decor here in KL :)
Forcing the hubby to smile for my Christmas selfie :P :P
Check out the cute lil photo bomber :P

Wishing you all a very joyful, peaceful and fun filled festive season. How are you celebrating this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment