Thursday 1 December 2016

Upcoming first flight with baby!! Moving Again :)

So here I am, sitting in my room at midnight, getting all worked up about the upcoming moving day. Yes, I am moving to a new city again and yes I just moved less than a year ago. Change is the only constant they say 😀 This time I am moving to Bangalore.

Guess what, I like changing cities; it keeps the creepy monotony monster away. And this ain't the first or toughest city change of my life. As a matter of fact, it could be the easiest one. The move is inevitable as my husband's job is in the new city and he has moved a month before me to settle things in the new city. He has also arranged all the moving and packing for me and we have an extremely loving cousin's family helping us with everything. But in my head, this seems to be the toughest moving day and the reason is pretty straightforward - my little baby. I am trying to stay positive as this is a good move and the end result should be good too. However every part of the moving process is making me nervous when I look at it with a baby in tow.

Before the baby, I only had to pack my suitcase, know a little bit about the new city and figure out everything else as and when needed. I don't want to do that with a baby as I want the move to have minimal impact on him. This means that I need to be prepared for everything including the packing, the flight, the unpacking and settling down in the new city. The flight and the settling down are the ones that are truly keeping me awake at night. I am reading all the available tips about flying with a baby. At least there are tips for this one, I don't have any idea what to do about the other. Given the fact that he will be living away from his grandparents for the first time, I am hoping that the transition phase is really short for him. Any tips on how to help him settle are welcome. Also we will plan for his grandparents to be with us as often and as soon as possible.

I said in an earlier post, I still haven't found a place where I belong so I need to keep looking. I keep telling myself that this is the universe pointing me in the right direction. I only need to step out of my comfort zone and keep my faith in the bigger better plan that the universe has for me. Also I am not the first person to move with a baby, women do it all the time so there is no need to get worked up. These self affirmations help a little bit but Any useful tips for helping ease my anxiety and making the process easier are more than welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment