Sunday 31 December 2017

Goodbye 2017 and Welcome 2018 :) :)

Just a few hours remaining before the world bids adieu to another year, a year that is going to leave me happier, healthier, wiser 😉 and very grateful. I want to say my goodbyes to this year by sharing with you, all the special moments that 2017 brought along.

The year started with the celebration of my little one's first Lohri. This event created some beautiful memories in the book of my life as both my families (Malhotra family and Sharma family) lived together under one roof for the first time. Our dear son also gave his father an unforgettable Lohri gift by saying Papa for the first time. Another reason that made this event special was that it reinforced my belief in the fact that 'Fathers are the only real superheroes'. My father traveled from Delhi to Bangalore with a fractured, plastered foot just to bring a smile on his daughter's face (the smile that you can see in the pic below). Those were some magical post-marital moments and I would look forward to the coming year to top this experience 😃



A lil blurred but a very happy picture of my life (my two families together) :D

The second quarter of 2017 brought the next event that made this year kind of a big deal - my son's first bday. Two amazing days of revelry marked his transition from monthly bday celebrations to yearly birthday celebrations. Here are some of my favorite pics from those two days.
 


The third quarter brought in the much-awaited news of this year. A very dear family member beat cancer and we couldn't thank God enough for the health and happiness of our family. While we were still rejoicing in this conquest, another dear family member was diagnosed with cancer at the end of third quarter. We as a family gathered our strength and set together to beat the disease one more time. I am looking forward to 2018 for bringing us the same joyful celebrations as we kick cancer out of the family one more time ✌

With all the festivals that year-end brings one doesn't really expect to find more reasons to rejoice but as they say - the more the merrier. I got another reason to rejoice and celebrate the month of December when I got an amazing offer to go back to full-time work. Two years of being a full-time stay-at-home mom have been so enriching as I got to enjoy each little moment and activity of my little one's important growing up years. As he would gear up to go to school in 2018, a very proud mother is gearing up to go back to work. Needless to say, there's a lot to look forward to in 2018 and I am the starry-eyed kid welcoming the new year.


I hope that you too can look back at your year 2017 with gratefulness, love, and happiness. Also, here's wishing you a happier, more enriching, kinder and successful new year 2018. Lots of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment